Recent comments

• A marriage is more than a wedding   3 weeks 6 hours ago

We take our time to find and care for that story. Each wedding video we create is designed to make you feel your day all over again.new york wedding videographers

• Random acts of kindness along the road   4 weeks 6 days ago

This is great to know about the roads. I love the road travel as I have just taken the yosemite tour guide and it was really great for me.

• Seeing a need and filling it   6 weeks 1 day ago

In this audio, you spread the good information to the people. The topic you select for this purpose is so attractive with http://www.australianwritings.biz/ website which you try to deliver the best information. This type of the information is really nice and you must share some more information like that.

• Mennonites and human rights   7 weeks 6 days ago

they’re the last things you want to deal with when you’re grieving the loss of someone important in your life.lawyer services

• Random acts of kindness along the road   9 weeks 5 days ago

Caravan King Mobile Repairs specialise in the service and repair of all brands of caravans, trailers, motor homes, food vans and horse floats. If it can be towed, it is within our scope of work!caravan repairs

• ‘A family camping trip . . . with a lot more guitars’   9 weeks 5 days ago

Hello . that was perfect . Thank you from your site

• Backyard art show inspires conversations of faith   26 weeks 1 day ago

Went to a Dr. Office in White Rock BC. last week, saw above mention Shadowbox picture, could not leave without buying, it is so inspiring, it so small yet makes me reflect and meditate and it's very peaceful. Exactly what God had in mind, just my opinion, when he created nature. Thank you Chris !

• Walking in pilgrim footsteps   35 weeks 4 days ago

Hi Clare, I often search out camino stuff, especially photos, online. I was just doing that today when whose face should appear but yours! That led me to this article, which I had not read. It is an excellent piece of writing and resonates deeply with our camino experience. Thanks. Don't know if I/we will ever walk there again, but our thoughts often return there.

Bernie

• A world of diverse Mennonite faith   1 year 29 weeks ago

Dear Young Voices, can you remove the picture of myself and Melanie Kampen. I was not asked permission to have my picture on this article. Can you kindly remove it. Maybe you can just have a picture of Melanie alone as this is her article. Thank you kindly. Please let me asap that you have complied with my request. Thanks, Brander McDonald Indigenous Relations Www.mcbc.ca

• Random acts of kindness along the road   1 year 34 weeks ago

You shared very inspiring experience with us. I am very glad women are also participating in act of kindness. It is not possible but some difficult for women.

• Rape culture from a Mennonite perspective   2 years 13 weeks ago

Hi Rachel Bergen, thank you for your article. My comments don't need to be seen I was just hoping you could help me with a research topic I am doing. I am looking at each university across Canada to see which campuses have clear direction and understanding of where a person could go if they were sexually assaulted on campus. I can't seem to find that with Canadian Mennonite University and wondered if you might know of their link to resources?

Sheri

• Young Mennos ‘occupy’ Wall Street and Winnipeg   2 years 16 weeks ago

as we know now after months and years of lapsing these groups were just fronts for the ngo movements to overthrow government in a radical fashion and to cause havoc and disorder in society...and now knowing all the ngo's and their secret mandates and ability to use and manipulate, and coerce young people we are glad these groups are finally fading and they can go back to grazing...

• Opening thoughts with Miriam Toews   2 years 21 weeks ago

Miriam Toews,“besmirching the reputation of Mennonites” in this statement she looks like was defending her words on national literature.

• Eating less, moving more   4 years 6 hours ago

You're welcome! Thank you for reading, and for commenting on the article. I appreciate it.

Living to be healthy is so important, and if people can start to form those habits in grade school, they'll be better for it as the years go on.

Aaron

• It Is About Love: Mennonites and First Nations Dance In Peace Action   4 years 1 week ago

I am agreed with the young speaker who said the Idle No More peace action was not necessarily about rights. The conference seems very grave.

• Should we get rid of the cross?   4 years 1 week ago

If it weren't for the cross there would have been I resurrection!

• Summer Camp Bodies   4 years 2 weeks ago

I love camping too. It is one way to have fun and adventure. Outdoors does good especially after long school or working sessions and camp is the best idea.

• Eating less, moving more   4 years 3 weeks ago

I've also started dropping pounds (50lbs since June 2013), with a goal of 140lbs total weight loss. I'm using LoseIt (a cell-phone calorie counting App).

Aaron, your story is inspiring. May God continue to bless you as you seek to honour the body God gave you and serve him with it!
    peace,

Marco

• Eating less, moving more   4 years 4 weeks ago

I just read your article to my daughter and wanted to let you how inspiring it was to both of us. We had just this evening spoken about the difference between making choices to lose weight or making choices to be healthy. She has to do a "Passion Project" for school and has decided that it will be on 'living to be healthy' in all aspects of life. Thanks for allowing us a glimpse into your journey.

• Fearless Generosity   4 years 5 weeks ago

nice title and nice article. The discussed issue became a bit philosophical to me. Generosity is something that we do not easily understand. Thanks for the article.

• Arts & Worship; Imagine If The Church Led (#3)   4 years 9 weeks ago

Is it the church's JOB to be at the pinnacle of creative outlets? No, the church's JOB is be the bride of Christ, to follow the great commision, to love your neighbour, and so on.

While leadership in the creative arts may not be the job of the church, it is something that should be the -result- of the faithfulness of the global church. When the church is faithful and loves like Christ designed, it -should- spill into everything. I am not talking about the ancient "In the name of the Church!" act, I am talking about redeeming broken systems and vulgar artistic expressions because Christ's love invades and redeems. Not to replace artists in industries,but to redeem. Affirmation is great, but I believe there is a bigger picture.

Christ is redeeming all of creation. Everything, including artist expression, should/needs to reflect and be apart of the Kingdom of Heaven. Not in 'the name of the Church', but as a result of Christ's redeeming love. Not as the 'job' of the Church, but as a result of the Church pursuing the redemption of Christ.

• Encourage single people in the church   4 years 10 weeks ago

Amanda here - I just wanted to thank everyone for their feedback on this article. My hope was to get conversations started in lots of congregations aside from just mine! I am happy to report though that I've received a serious amount of hugs since writing this!

• Encourage single people in the church   4 years 10 weeks ago

Amen. Amen. And Amen.

• Encourage single people in the church   4 years 11 weeks ago

I got married at 27 - which is young enough to not have been single forever, but old enough to feel being single keenly.

Before I got married I was in two bible studies and a prayer ministry group, taught Sunday school, ministered as a high school teacher, spent an hour with God every morning in devotion and companionship, volunteered regularly, and loved on and hung out with friends in whatever spare time I had left.

After marriage in short order I was pregnant, and in five years I had three kids. Now my devotional life is shot, any ministry I engage in means some other able-bodied adult is fully occupied with my children, and whatever impact I was having as a professional is gone. I don't count my influence with my children as nothing - I hope it is a precious gift to the Lord and of great value to His kingdom - but there is no doubt that my role has dramatically changed.

To echo the above post, we have ignored to our detriment what both Paul and Timothy had to say about singleness. Family is a blessing, but the ability to be an adult who has the freedom to focus all your attention and energy on matters outside an immediate family is also an incredible gift. I think the church has failed to recognize the power of the single life - to take Paul seriously, and celebrate and even promote singleness as a calling from God. For some, like me, it is a temporary calling (as my calling to be a teacher may well have been) and for others it is life long - regardless, it is a priceless opportunity to be celebrated and not squandered.

• Encourage single people in the church   4 years 11 weeks ago

Well written Amanda.

Sometimes it takes a lot of courage to express one's feelings in this manner, and it is good that you have done so. It will be a tremendous encouragement to others who are single.

Hopefully it will also help to open the eyes of those who are married and perhaps simply don't realize or think about the feelings of those who are not.

May God bless you in your life and future ministry, and may you feel His presence with you at all times.
    Blessings