Young Voices is looking for two young writers to fill vacancies on its blog. We want to hear from writers with thoughts about faith, art, finances, books, politics, school, the church, growing up or anything else we “young people” might want to read.
Young Voices bloggers are responsible for two posts per calendar month and report to Young Voices Co-Editor Emily Loewen. Writers work from home and post on their own schedule so they need to be able to work independently.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a strong writer (you will be editing your own posts)
- Have an abundance of original ideas
- Appreciate discussion about their articles
- Be able to work with minimal supervision
All writers MUST:
- Have a connection to the Mennonite Church (please include some details about your affiliation in your application)
- Be Canadian or living in Canada full time
- Be a youth or young adult (30 and under)
To apply please send in:
- A short letter describing why you want to write for Young Voices, why we should pick you and any topics you would be particularly interested in writing about (if applicable).
- Three writing samples. They don’t need to be published, just give us an idea of your writing style and ability.
Compensation is $40 per month.
Send all applications to Emily Loewen, email@example.com by July 9, 2012. Please include everything in one word document or PDF where possible.